Online gambler or casino regular? Crazy about craps or passionate about poker? Prefer winding down with your favorite online casino games after work or maybe you think you gamble at your best first thing in the morning? Or perhaps you prefer a live dealer option. Every gamer is different! Have you ever wondered what kind of gambler you are? Our “What kind of gamer are you?” quiz will provide you with the answer once and for all!
While it’s definitely loads of fun finding out your unique gaming personality, there’s more to it than just entertainment. After all, once you know more about the different types of gamblers out there, whether you’re at a brick-and-mortar casino or in the chat at an online casino, you’ll be able to spot each one much faster – you might even be able to improve your own game as a result. So, what kind of gamer are you? Let’s find out.
Take the test
Read over the seven points below and choose the option that most closely resembles your gambling habits. Treat them as quick-fire questions and answer instinctively rather than mulling over each one. Going with your gut – as you do when you’re considering the casino odds in real life – will give you the most accurate outcome in the end.
Whether you’re the quiet type who never moves from your seat at the slots or the boisterous bettor who chats with everyone at the table, finding out what kind of gambler you are could help you to improve your game at traditional casinos and when you play online casino games, too.
Why do you go to casinos?
- This is what I do; I play to make money.
- I go when I feel my luck coming on or if I get a sign.
- I am just excited to be there and to try out some new casino games.
- The casino is classy, sophisticated and glamorous.
- Gambling is a regular activity for me. I just want to play.
- I love the opportunity to meet new people with interests similar to mine.
How do you manage your bankroll?
- My bankroll is clearly defined and I have a strict betting strategy based on the casino odds.
- If I get a good feeling from a bet or I like the numbers, I’m in.
- I’m not too sure how much I spend. I just kind of wing it.
- There’s no point in making small bets if you want to win big.
- I often spend more than I’d planned to, just in case I hit my streak.
- I usually set limits on my spending, but I often spend most of my time socializing on the floor, so I rarely use it all.
What do you do first when you arrive?
- Scope out the competition and the tables to spot opportunities for profit.
- Make sure I get my lucky seat and that I have my lucky numbers with me.
- I take a walk around and try to find something that looks fun to play.
- First thing I do is grab a drink, say “hi” to the floor staff and get a big bet in.
- I make sure nobody is sitting at my machine.
- People-watch to get a sense of the personalities playing at the various tables.
Do you have strategies for the games you play?
- My strategies can’t be explained easily or in one sentence.
- I’m guided by my luck and my instinct.
- I’ve heard doubling up is good, but I don’t really have a plan.
- If big bets aren’t working, I’ll try another table.
- I’ve tried everything, but nothing really works for me.
- Not really. I prefer social games like craps, so I sometimes emulate the other players’ strategies.
How do you feel when you win?
- Emotion doesn’t factor into it. Winning is what I do.
- I knew my luck would pay off; it always does.
- I’m sure everyone around me is happy for me. I still can’t believe I won!
- Big wins are why you bet big! This round is on me.
- I’m not too bothered – just going through the motions.
- It’s a great thrill, especially when everyone at the table celebrates with me.
How do you react to a loss?
- I’m indifferent as long as my decision was calculated and I can learn from it.
- I guess my luck just ran out. Better find a new lucky seat.
- Losing isn’t great, but this is all so exciting!
- I lost? Who cares? I’ll just have to bet bigger to win it back.
- I don’t really think about it anymore.
- It’s all good. At least everyone had fun!
When you leave the casino you feel…
- Satisfied that I played to my strategies and made wise bets.
- I’ll be even luckier next time, I hope.
- This has been an exciting experience.
- I was the best at the tables. Nobody bet as much as I did tonight.
- I’ll be back tomorrow, in the same seat at the same time.
- Happy to have played the games and met the people I did.
Get your results
Now that you’ve answered all the questions, it’s time to find out which of the five gambling personalities is most like your own. Check all your answers again and whichever number you choose most often will determine the type of gambler you are most similar to.
Ready to find out who you are when you walk out onto the floor?
1. The professional
If you aren’t a professional online gambler or casino gambler already, you probably aspire to be one. You know your stuff when it comes to casino gaming etiquette, betting smart and managing your bankroll, which puts you in a good position to capitalize on everything you’ve learned about the games you play.
Your decisions in games are calculated and made with accuracy. Rather than jackpot slots in the casino, skilled games like poker and blackjack are more your style. There’s no room for carelessness in your betting and emotion very rarely sways your hand. While it’s great that you take your gambling so seriously, don’t forget to also let loose and have fun from time to time. That’s what the games are really about, after all!
2. The chosen one
You probably have a lucky set of numbers, a lucky seat at the table or even a lucky pair of pants that guide your decision-making when you place a bet. Your numbers are simply destined to win if your luck and the planets are aligned.
You couldn’t care less about learning the game and winning strategies, but you aren’t oblivious either – you’re simply taking a shot at some lucky bets and hoping they pay off. The benefit here is that if you do win, it’s incredible and exciting, but if you lose, you aren’t devastated by it and can carry on trying to be lucky.
3. The new guy
Being new to casino games doesn’t mean that it’s your first time on the floor, just that the casino is still a novel experience for you. Unlike the professional, who is drawn to games with complex odds, you’re a casino gamer likely lured by the excitement of the jackpot slots in the casino.
As you’re just starting out, you probably enjoy trying a little bit of everything – whether that’s at a live casino, online casino or in a casino games app. Table games probably seem intimidating, but you might stick around and watch a few hands to see how they work. Your bets are likely conservative and a win will get your heart racing. But will it be enough to keep you coming back for more?
4. The big show
Where the pros have their strategies and the newbies are just excited to be here, you’re far more relaxed about your gambling than anyone else in the room. It doesn’t matter whether you’re winning or losing; you’re likely having a great time. No bet is too big and you certainly wouldn’t be caught dead taking some small shots at the tables.
You’re probably not much of an online gambler, either. Your games are ideally fast, loud and very much in view of the rest of the punters. Your favorite casinos are the ones with a little extra class and you make sure to greet everyone who looks like they have it too. If the game is getting a bit boring, you’ll likely go all in on a crazy bet just to spice things up. Just be careful not to get too caught up in making an impression on the casino floor, though. By all means, enjoy the occasional thrill, but remember that feeling the need to place big bets to ensure your share of the spotlight could eventually be a recipe for problem gambling.
5. The problem
If you answered most of the questions in the quiz with a “5,” you may be a problem casino gambler. You love gambling and the casino vibe, but there’s a chance that you no longer have a strong handle on your gambling impulses and behavior. You likely spend too much time in the casino, regardless of whether you’re chasing the highs of a winning streak or trying to come back from your losses.
While gambling addictions are quite serious, there are fortunately plenty of resources available to help you change your habits and get back onto the right path. If you are a problem gambler or you feel that you might be becoming one, you’ve already taken the most difficult step: recognizing your problem. Next is seeking professional help.
At BetMGM, the safety and security of our customers, both online and in our land-based casinos, is our top priority. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, please call 1-800-GAMER immediately.
6. The social butterfly
You adore the social nature of the casino, which is why you probably prefer gambling in person as opposed to online (have you tried live dealer gaming for a similar experience yet?) You usually head to your nearest casino when you’re in the mood for a night out with plenty of thrills, entertainment and great conversation and you’ve made plenty of new friends because of it.
Your go-to spot on the floor is the table game section, but you tend to steer clear of competitive casino table games, like poker, where you’d be going head-to-head with the other players. Instead, you favor a friendlier, more relaxed atmosphere, which is why you’re usually stationed at the craps or roulette tables for the majority of the evening.
Discover your true gambler identity at BetMGM
There are many different gamblers and gambling personalities out there. The great news is that from the professional online gambler to the newbie and the big show, there’s an online casino game to suit everybody’s unique style. Whether it’s online slots, poker, blackjack or our live dealer games and casino games app, as long as you have some spare time, the correct hardware and perhaps a bonus sprinkling of luck, you’ll always find a bet to get excited about at BetMGM.
Register with us today to start your journey to discover what type of gambler you really are.