The first time you venture into the thrilling world of casino gambling, you’re likely to experience all kinds of feelings, from sheer excitement to anxiety. You’ll need to learn some things as well, from the rules of casino table games to managing your bankroll. But don’t worry; this piece on how to gamble for beginners will cover many of the basics. You’ll find out how to pick the right games, as well as some basic gambling tips for beginners. Read on to get started on your thrilling gambling journey.
Beginner Casino Tips
Whether you’re intrigued by the allure of the physical casino floor or enticed by the sheer convenience of playing the best online casino games in the comfort of your own home, you need to know the basics. Here are some things beginners should know about casino gambling:
- Over the long term, the house always wins: All casino games offer an advantage to the house. This doesn’t mean you can’t hit the jackpot and win a million dollars or scoop up handfuls of coins at the slots. It just means that if you play long enough, the casino will win your money.
- Put aside an amount of money that you’re willing to lose: When it comes to casino gambling for beginners, this is top-notch advice. You’ll hear stories of people being up big and then losing it all. An allied gambling tip for beginners states that you should never chase your losses. This involves increasing your bets when you’re on a losing streak in the hope that you will win it all back. Just don’t do it.
- Luck determines winnings: It’s true that you can play smart and slightly reduce the house’s advantage, but basically, you have to rely on luck to make money. If you’re on a hot streak, bank some of that buck.
- Understand casino etiquette: Even if you’re engaging in online gambling as a beginner, lurk a little first. If you’re at an actual casino, watch the various games first before trying your luck. Some games may have special rules, such as only picking up your cards with one hand or waiting to pick up your winnings until the dealer pushes them toward you.
So what kinds of casino gambling games are out there and where should you start? Here are some ideas.
Gambling in Vegas for beginners — overwhelming? With slots, you have your perfect starting point. These machines don’t require complex strategies or knowledge, yet they offer a lot of excitement with flashing lights, sounds and unusual themes. Insert your coin, pull the lever and let the reels spin. It’s as simple as that.
Here’s the upside with slots — this casino game provides the perfect opportunity to test your psychological response to winning and losing. Look for loose slot machines — those that pay out more often than others. They are frequently located at the back of the room, with the flashier slots at the front.
This is one of the easiest casino table games. All you need to do is place your bet where you think the little white ball will land, including odd numbers, even numbers, red, black or specific numbers (37:1 odds.) You obviously have a 50/50 chance when playing odds, evens, reds and blacks. If you want a gambling tip for beginners, start out betting on broad categories like even and odd numbers or colors to increase your chance of winning.
Some of the most popular roulette games include:
- 777 Blazing Roulette
- Black & Yellow Roulette
- BetMGM Roulette Pro
- European Roulette Classic
The goal of this casino table game is to have your cards add up to a maximum of 21. The way to win is to get better cards than the dealer. You do need some skill and knowledge of the rules to play this game well. However, the rules are very easy to learn and you could probably pick them up in a few minutes. Also, happily, the game has a low house edge, which means the odds are only very slightly against you.
Some strategies include:
- Find games that pay 3 to 2 rather than 6 to 5.
- Stand on 13 to 16 when the dealer shows 2 through 6.
- Hit on 12 to 16 when the dealer shows 7 or higher.
- Avoid gimmicky side bets — even though they promise a large payout, the house edge is huge.
This is probably one of the hardest but most enjoyable games to play. Video poker is basically an electronic version of a Five-Card Draw. Instead of playing against opponents, you need to create the best poker hand possible. Stakes are placed before each new hand. You win if you end up creating a strong enough hand. There are lots of variations of video poker games and some of them have a very low house edge.
When it comes to online gambling for beginners, there are so many different poker strategies, from choosing the right hands to play to learning to bluff. As a beginner, it’s probably best to start with low-stakes games and take some time to gain experience.
Surprisingly, this luck-based game with a lower house edge is not that difficult to learn and does not require much skill. You have the option to bet on either the player’s hand, the banker’s hand or a tie, aiming to achieve a total card value closest to nine to win.
Some strategies include:
- Betting on the banker for the lowest house edge of 1.06 percent.
- Bet on the player’s hand for a slightly worse house edge of 1.24 percent.
- Managing your bankroll to avoid losses.
Basic Casino Rules
Remember the following:
- Only sit at tables where you are going to play.
- Wait until the hand is over before sitting at the table.
- Don’t use your phone at the table.
- Once you’ve placed your bet, don’t touch it until after the hand or spin.
- Only touch your cards with one hand.
- Take your winnings only when the dealer has counted them out in front of you and pushed them in your direction.
- Don’t stall the game.
- Tip your dealer and cocktail waitress regularly via a chip.
Play Casino Games with BetMGM
Now that you know the basics of casino gambling for beginners, it’s time to try your luck with live dealer online casino games or whatever else interests you. At BetMGM, there are so many online casino games on offer for beginners and all skill levels. Register today to start your casino gambling adventure.