Play Live Dealer Games Online with BetMGM
Welcome to the BetMGM home of Live Dealer Games, where you’re transported table-side from the comfort of your own home, to take part in some of the most exciting and immersive online casino table games available today – hosted by our professional live dealers.
Live Dealer Games FAQ
Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions about Live casinos and Live Dealer Games. If you’re new to Live casino games then you should find everything you need to get you started right here.
What is a live casino?
Live casinos, and Live Dealer Games, are a relatively new addition to the online casino industry. These games play just like the regular table games you’re used to — the only difference being that the game is streamed live to players, and the cards are dealt live by real professional dealers. Live means you’re playing with other people, so don’t be shy to say hello and chat a little with your dealer and the other players – after all, that’s what you would do in a land-based casino, right? Live Dealer Games are the closest you can get to feeling like you are in a real casino while playing online from the comfort of your own home.
How do I know if it’s safe to play at a live casino?
Players are often suspicious of online gambling, particularly since their own money is at stake. While online casinos do boast some of the finest and most secure online security systems (ours being no exception), it’s still good to be as sure as possible that you are safe when playing online.
There is a short checklist to go through initially when deciding whether or not to play at any Live casino:
- First, and most importantly, ensure that the operators and casinos are licensed by official gaming authorities.
- There should be a pit boss who oversees the games in the studio or casino the dealers’ tables are streamed from.
- Decks of cards for card games such as Blackjack and Poker are shuffled in full view of the players by either the dealer or their assistant. Some studios provide their tables with auto shufflers, which ensures a thorough shuffle and can speed up the process.
- Games must be played according to a strict set of rules, and the dealers have no influence over the game whatsoever.
While there is always more you can do to make sure that you are safe while gambling online, these are a few quick upfront checks you can make if you are unsure. The most important thing is for you to feel safe and confident when playing your favorite games at an online casino.
What live dealer games are available?
If you are a fan of table games then you’re in luck, because all of the best online casino games are available as live dealer games. Whether you are a fan of Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Texas Hold’em, or Three Card Poker, there is a live table ready for you to join and start playing.
Do I need special software to play?
No, you don’t need to download any software in order to play live dealer games. Every good online casino should include their live dealer games as a part of their standard lobby. You just click on the game you want to play, and your favorite casino game will be opened in the exciting new live format, with your live dealer ready to start the game for you.
What equipment, device or internet service do I need?
When playing live dealer games your internet connection needs to be at least fast enough to stream the video and audio of the game being presented live to you. Slow internet speeds will get in the way of your communication with the dealer, which is key to the experience of live dealer games. For the best experience while playing live dealer games online, a good fiber broadband connection is recommended. For mobile or tablet users, a 3G or 4G connection should be sufficient to get the best live casino experience.
With mobile gaming becoming more popular, online casinos are bringing their service to the mobile platform. While most games are accessible on mobile devices, the size of the screen could be a limiting factor when it comes to live dealer games – if you can’t see the dealer clearly, it could ruin your experience.
Am I able to talk to and interact with the dealer?
Of course you can! Interacting and chatting with the dealer is one of the key features that makes a live dealer game such a unique experience. You can use a special chat room to communicate directly — the dealer will read your messages and respond verbally to the camera.
Keep in mind that a dealer or croupier can’t advise you about what to bet on or offer any strategic advice – this is forbidden in any casino. They can only explain how you can place bets, according to the rules of the game. Some live casino sites actively encourage their dealers to chat with the players, which can help new players to relax a little when they’re playing for the first time.
Are there any special rules or etiquette tips I need to know when interacting with the live dealer?
When interacting with the live dealer, there are some basic dos and don’ts that you can follow to ensure that you have the best experience possible. Most of the basic live casino etiquette you’ll learn from getting into a room and playing, but here are a few tips to get you started:
- Say hello! – When you arrive at the table, the dealer will often greet you. It is polite to simply say hello, even if you don’t want to chat.
- Don’t be rude to your dealer – If you are on a losing streak or having a bad game, it’s important to remember that the dealer is just doing their job, and it isn’t their fault. The same goes for how the dealer does their job – they are trained to deal, shuffle and spin in a particular way, and they aren’t going to change the way they do it because you don’t like it.
- This is not a dating site – Live dealer chat is not a dating app, so don’t think that you stand a chance with your dealer — because you don’t. Don’t ask for or offer any personal information; the dealers won’t give any, and use stage names to protect their identity. Other players may also be able to see any information you give out.
- Keep it clean – Try to keep the conversation away from topics such as sex, politics, religion, or anything that could create awkwardness or a divide in the room. The dealers will typically guide you away from the topic if you say something inappropriate.
- Accept that people make mistakes – Live dealers are trained to the same high standards as land-based casino staff, but even the best of the best make mistakes sometimes. Please be patient with the dealer and other staff while a mistake is being resolved.
- Have fun! – By far the most important tip of all is to have fun. If you keep to the do’s and don’ts we've covered, all that’s left for you to do is find your favorite live casino game, say hello to your dealer, and start playing.
Ready to start playing some live dealer games at BetMGM?
If you’re ready to try out some live dealer games, then you’re already in the right place for it. Sign up at BetMGM today and try out any of the amazing live table games we have on offer!