The important thing about life hacks, those smart shortcuts or tricks, is that they make everyday life smoother and more convenient. Some of the life hacks we’re going to mention could even be used for online casino games, but others will just make your everyday to-do list easier and faster to complete.
Here are 10 life hacks worth memorizing to suit various purposes.
1. Achieve wrinkle-free laundry
How’s this for a nifty trick: Throw some ice cubes, or even a wet washcloth, into the dryer along with your wrinkled clothes. When the ice melts, the water turns to steam and, almost magically, the rumples are removed from your clothing. This nifty life hack works better with lighter fabrics than heavier clothing. And best of all, it only takes about 10 minutes to work. No more creases, no more ironing – win-win.
2. Improve your concentration
Whether you’re having fun with real online slots or writing that lengthy work report, you want your concentration to be top-notch. This life hack is short and sweet – and truck drivers have used it for ages! Chewing gum helps you stay focused for longer, according to research in the British Journal of Psychology. This is particularly true for tasks that need continuous monitoring.
3. Create safe passwords that you easily remember
Nobody wants their accounts to be hacked. Here’s a simple way to ensure that you protect all your accounts. Choose accented letters such as à, ä, â to make your passwords extra secure and uncrackable.
4. Manage your bankroll
When it comes to live dealer casino games, or any casino games really, you want to ensure you manage your bankroll – the amount of money you’ve set aside – as efficiently as possible. Think of it like your household budget. Here are some useful tips:
- Rather play live casino games online as you’ll have fewer expenses, such as traveling and overnight stays, although you will still need to factor in other costs like internet usage.
- Think about big-picture issues, including the games you want to play, the stakes, the length of play and the number of sessions. Decide on the total amount that you are going to use and then break it down, as best you can, into sessions and games so that you don’t exceed your planned budget.
- Set a time limit for how long you are going to play online and then use an alarm to alert you when the time has expired.
- Set a limit for when you will quit when you’re on a winning streak. It sounds counterintuitive, but quitting while you’re ahead means that you’re not tempted to chase a loss by playing over your budget and/or time limit.
- Although it’s more fun to play for higher stakes, only increase bets if you’re winning.
- If you’re on a losing streak, don’t start betting more to recoup losses.
5. Identify your keys instantaneously
Do you carry around a big bunch of keys? Are you forever searching for the correct key for the required lock? Here’s a quick and easy way to distinguish between keys. Use brightly colored nail polish to paint both sides of the key head for those keys you use most frequently. Use different colors for different keys. You may be surprised to know nail polish often lasts longer than spray paint.
6. Start a fire without kindling
Here’s something new – if you’ve run out of kindling, use tortilla or corn chips instead. You can actually use any chips with a high fat content since they burn easily and for a good amount of time.
7. Use toothpaste around the house and yard
Toothpaste doesn’t just keep your teeth in great shape. It can also be used for a wide variety of household tasks, including:
- Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to polish your headlights and remove headlight glaze.
- Buff small scratches on vehicles – it’s the abrasive qualities of toothpaste that does the job in this case.
- Get old sneakers looking like new. Apply non-gel white toothpaste to those dirty spots and then leave for 10 minutes. Wipe off with a damp cloth.
8. Charge your phone with a TV
If you’ve left your phone charging adaptor behind when traveling, use the USB port on the back of a TV. Most TVs have USB plugins.
9. Utilize time online well
Although it’s great fun to play online casino games for real money, you want to ensure that you don’t spend too much time online. Here’s how to limit online time:
- Because we’re hardwired to seek out social connections, we tend to spend too much time on social media. Block social media sites on your computer or phone for a few hours every day.
- Take a digital sabbatical one day a week.
- Don’t take computer breaks online. Instead, see how many pushups or pullups you can do in 10 minutes. Or go outside and meditate.
- Set yourself a limit for how much time you want to spend online and then use an app to see if you’re sticking to it.
10. Clean your shower head effortlessly
This life hack is brilliant for saving time and hassle. Pour some vinegar into a plastic bag and tie it around your shower head. Leave it there overnight. By the following day, your shower head will be completely clean. No mess, no fuss.
With more time available, enjoy exciting casino games at BetMGM
With these life hacks, you will save time so that you can use to participate in a wide variety of gripping casino games such as roulette, blackjack or poker. If you enjoy an interactive component when playing, you can sign up for live casino online games. At BetMGM, our casino games are designed to fascinate and engage people who are entertained by strategy and chance. Register with BetMGM to enjoy these thrilling games.