Craps is an exciting way to play casino games online as there are many opportunities to bet and win, even when it is not your turn to roll the dice. If you’re wondering how to play craps at a casino, the game is about making certain bets on various sections on the table, according to whether you think the shooter (the one rolling the dice) might roll one of a certain group of numbers.
The most common bet in craps is the Pass Line. If you’re the shooter, you’ll win the bet if you roll 7 or 11. However, you will lose if you shoot a 2, 3 or 12. The latter collection of numbers are known as “craps,” which gives the game its name. If you roll any other number, this number becomes the “point” and you’ll continue to roll until you get that number again, unless you roll a 7 (which means you lose.)
This is one of many different bets that you can make while playing craps. Understanding when and how to bet is just about the odds involved in the game and getting to grips with all the rules. However, once you understand the basics, it’s a very easy game to play, especially online, where you can place bets with a simple click.
Just be sure not to mention the number 7 when chatting with other players, as this is considered very unlucky!
Tips for craps
Here are some quick tips and advice for playing craps:
- Bet on the wagers with the lowest house edge. These are the Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Come and Don’t Come wagers.
- Craps, like online slots, is a game of pure chance. There’s no point in using betting strategies in craps.
- Don’t fall for the gambler’s fallacy, either. Your chances of breaking a losing streak won’t increase the more you lose.
Roulette is probably one of the most iconic casino games that, unlike other table games, doesn’t involve strategy as the outcome is based purely on luck. Having said that, knowing how to bet is an important part of playing roulette because based on statistical research, certain bets are more likely to pay out.
There are also two different kinds of roulette. European roulette has only one green zero on the wheel, whereas American roulette has both a green zero and a double zero green spot. The dealer drops the ball and spins the wheel and all you can do is use your knowledge of the game to help you bet on the right numbers, which are arranged in a grid next to the wheel.
When playing this game online, you’ll be able to learn more about how to place inside and outside bets on black and red numbers. Note that you can place bets on odd or even numbers, single numbers or even a combination of numbers, which all add to the excitement and fun of the game.
Tips for roulette
Here are some quick tips and advice for playing roulette:
- Despite the popularity of American roulette, it’s European roulette you should play if you want to increase your odds of winning. You should watch for the “en prison” rule in European roulette, as it offers you the lowest house edge.
- Bet on these options for the best odds: red/black, odd/even, 1-18 or 19-36.
- Just like other games of pure chance, don’t trust betting strategies to help you gain an edge on the house.
Baccarat, pronounced with a silent “t,” is another popular casino game that’s more about knowing how to place your bets than strategy. This is because, as with craps and roulette, the outcome is purely up to chance.
With baccarat, you can place bets on the banker’s hand, your hand or make a tie bet (which is very risky.) After that, all you need to do is keep an eye on the cards to see if you win, which involves getting as close as possible to the number 9. Since you only deal with single numbers, this game isn’t too complex.
What’s important to note with baccarat is that betting on the banker means a commission is taken off your winnings. This is because the odds of this bet winning are higher because of the “house edge,” which is an important part of all casino games.
Tips for baccarat
Here are some quick tips and advice for playing baccarat:
- Bet on the banker if you want the best odds. The banker will win 45.84% vs. the player’s 44.61%.
- The tie bet may have the best payout, but its odds are the worst at 9.6%, which is why you should avoid it.
- As with other games of chance, betting strategies are unlikely to shift the game in your favor.
Blackjack involves a much larger degree of strategy than craps, roulette or baccarat. It also has the lowest house edge, so your odds of winning are slightly higher.
There are many different blackjack terms that you need to know and understand to play well and win. In the beginning, however, all you need to know is that your goal is to beat the dealer. You do that by getting a hand as close to 21 as possible. If your hand is a higher value than the dealer and equal to or less than 21, you win!
One important thing to ensure is that there is a 3:2 payout ratio for bets, as any other ratio is likely to see you lose money quickly. In this game, there are also certain basic strategic moves that you should make based on research into the statistical odds of winning from certain hands.
For example, it is recommended that you always “double down” when you get an 11, which means that you double your bet. Increasing your bet is easy when playing at an online casino because with the user-friendly interface, it’s easy to see where to click to change your bets.
Tips for blackjack
Here are some quick tips and advice for playing blackjack:
- Learn the basic strategy for blackjack. This is the mathematically-optimal way of playing depending on the value of your hand and the dealer’s up card.
- Never split 10s. Few hands that can beat it, but while it may be tempting to try and increase your payout, you’re lowering your overall odds of winning.
- Insurance is always a bad bet.
Poker is probably the most popular casino table game in the world – it has certainly gained cult status thanks to how often you see people playing it in movies.
What people might not know is that there are actually several different kinds of poker, based on the number of cards you are dealt. Various poker styles also involve having both face-up and face-down cards, which influence how the game is played — so be sure to understand which variation you are playing and read up on the rules beforehand.
The style that most people are familiar with is Texas Hold’em, or just Hold’em. It involves cards that are held in the player’s hands and “community cards” on the table, which all contribute to your own hand. For this reason, Hold’em can become more of a game of confidence and bluffing, as no one reveals what they’ve been holding until the very end.
Tips for poker
Here are some quick tips and advice for playing poker:
- Learn how to play the GTO style of poker. GTO stands for “game theory optimal” or, more simply, the most mathematically-correct way to play.
- Practice with low-stakes games to gain experience.
- Learn the strength of your hands and how your position in a game affects whether you should raise, check or fold in any given game.
Why is it important to study the game’s strategy and rules?
Given that there are new casino games and classic casino games that have evolved with time, it’s important to stay in the know if you want to gain a competitive advantage over your opponents. Regardless of which game you’re playing, knowing its strategy and basic rules is a good starting point because no two games are the same. The way to improve your chances of winning at poker isn’t the same as in baccarat, for example. That’s why some people are great at one game but not at another.
With practice and trial and error in some cases, you can improve your gameplay, develop new and better strategies and find a way to make the rules work in your favor. So, whatever casino game you decide to try your hand at, make sure to do some research and practice using demo games so you can get better without being at risk of losing your money.
Play today at BetMGM
Are you ready to put these tips and tricks into practice? Take a seat at your favorite table with the online casino games at BetMGM. Not only can you find the most enjoyable table games, but you’ll also find a whole host of the best casino games to play at our online casino (as well as great information to get you up to speed on other games, like this table games glossary.) From jackpot slots and other online slot machines to live dealer casino games and lottery titles, we have a whole range of gambling experiences for you at BetMGM.
If you’d like to try your hand at a variety of popular casino table games and other ways to gamble, why not register at BetMGM to see which one you like best?