Anyone who plays online casino games knows that there is certainly no shortage of online slots to choose from. They are undoubtedly the most popular games at both online and brick-and-mortar casinos in the US. This is partly because their rules are extremely straightforward and they offer a fairly low house edge. But it’s also thanks to the sheer variety of slots on offer. Log onto any online casino specializing in the best live dealer casino games and slots and you’ll find that there are literally thousands of different themes, formats and bonuses to choose from.
If you’re a seasoned slot player, there’s no doubt that you’ll already have explored a decent range of what’s available out there – but what about live dealer casino slots? These games are a relatively new kid on the casino block and are completely unique compared to other slot machines you may have played before, which may explain why their popularity is currently shooting off the charts!
Let’s take a closer look at live dealer online casino slot games and what you can expect when you sign up to play them.
How do live dealer casino slots differ from regular online slots?
While the two varieties of slot games are at their core the same, including the “spinning” element, there are some key differences.
Online slot machines generally have the following features:
- Gameplay runs on reels
- They are one-person, solo games
- Each spin’s outcome is 100% random, generated through random number generator software
- They are played purely online and contain no brick-and-mortar casino aspects.
Live dealer games share a few of these characteristics but differ in a number of important respects:
- There are no reels. That’s right! A wheel is used to do the spinning instead. The wheel features different sections, each offering a unique prize.
- A live dealer does all the spinning. You get to choose from the game’s betting options leading up to the big moment, but it’s the dealer who performs the actual spin.
- A blend of online and brick-and-mortar casinos. These slots are run from remote studios which are set up in casino format with hi-tech equipment designed to replicate the ultimate real-life experience.
- The game is live-streamed from the studio to your PC, smartphone or any other internet-enabled device.
- You aren’t just playing against computer software and you’re actually able to interact with the dealer through the live online chat feature.
How does the gameplay work?
Ready to give real live dealer casino slots a spin? Here’s how to play:
- Decide on your wager: The first thing that will be required of you is to choose the amount that you wish to wager. This is completely dependent on the casino you’re playing at and the game you choose, as each has its own individual betting range and limit.
- Select “spin”: Once you’ve chosen your bet size, you then have to select the “spin” button. This indicates to the dealer that you’re ready for them to spin the wheel. As mentioned, there are no reels in these games. Instead, you’ll see a big wheel consisting of small sections featuring numbers, similar to a roulette wheel. These numbers are the key to how much money you stand to win when the indicator points to a specific “slice” on the wheel.
- Adjust your bet or respin: When the round finishes, you can decide whether to change your wager or simply ask the dealer to respin the wheel.
Worried about keeping track of your payout and bankroll? No stress. Similar to regular online slots, there’s software at work to help you keep tabs on all your wins and losses.
Why play live dealer slots?
Not everybody likes change and some people might feel that they’ve got a good thing going with their usual online slots, so why switch it up? This is completely understandable, but if you recall the hesitancy that accompanied the original move to online casinos, it’s easy to see why it can be a great idea to explore new developments.
Here are some additional reasons why you may want to consider exploring this new addition to slots.
The social element
Regular online slots are undoubtedly the least social of all casino games. In brick-and-mortar casinos, there are at least other people around the machines and a buzzing atmosphere to make it a more social experience. However, online slots are a completely solitary activity.
The introduction of live slots to online casinos means you’ll get to enjoy playing a slot-type game while also getting to interact with the dealer at the same time. This brings a nice social aspect to what can otherwise be very individual gameplay.
The dealers and background
Developers don’t hold back with these games in terms of their design – and we can assure you that you won’t get a boring, unskilled dealer against a bland background. These dealers are specifically chosen for their experience as well as their bubbly character and their fun and funky personalities enhance the live slot experience.
The backgrounds of these games are well-considered, elaborate and vibrant. They are designed to gamically transport you somewhere else in the world.
They make for a nice change
If you’re a fan of slot machines, then chances are that you’ve been playing your favorite few games for quite some time. Unfortunately, this tends to get a little stale, even for the most avid slot fans.
When you try live dealer games, you’re broadening your experiences, trying something new and interacting with different people. This makes for a healthy change and breaks the monotony of playing the same games over and over again.
Choosing a live dealer online casino
So, you’ve decided to try your luck and give live dealer slots a go? Then it’s time to find an online casino that offers them. Of course, there’s a never-ending cyberstream of online casinos out there, so how do you know which one to join for the best gambling experience possible? Here are some tips:
- Look at the live gaming menu: If you’re a fan of slot games, it goes without saying that you enjoy variety, so be sure to check out the casino’s gaming menu first. How many live dealer slot games are available? Are you happy with the options on offer?
- Look at game frequency: How frequently does a new live slot game start? Are games only on offer at certain limited times? If so, do these hours fit in with your usual schedule and the times you prefer to play?
- Investigate the casino’s customer service: Stellar customer service is key for any live dealer casino. Find out how easy it is to get in touch with the customer service team when necessary and if the team is available 24/7. It’s also worthwhile reading reviews on the casino in this regard to see how effectively they deal with players’ issues.
- Compare bonuses: Many online casinos offer access to generous bonuses for their live dealer games, as well as their regular online slots and casino table games. Obviously, some casinos offer more attractive bonuses than others. Be sure to read the fine print as many contain strict terms and conditions, particularly when it comes to deposits and playthrough. Some bonuses also come with set time limits attached.
- Accessibility: Some online casinos focus all their efforts on providing a platform for live gaming on a single device, such as a PC. If you prefer playing games on the go using your mobile (like countless other Americans), then this would be a total deal-breaker. Always look into device accessibility, and once again check reviews to ensure the casino offers a bug-free, seamless experience regardless of which device you’re using to play on.
Play live dealer games with BetMGM
While live dealer online casino games and, more specifically, live dealer slot games might be a new thing, at BetMGM, we have plenty of them to choose from, such as Live Blackjack, Live American Roulette, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, Dream Catcher and so much more! Our assortment of casino table games offers something for everyone. If you’d like to explore what we have in store at our online casino, simply register with BetMGM.